Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome '09

It is a new year and we must ask ourselves: what exactly did we accomplish last year? It went by faster than I can remember... yet I can remember it. I remember the beginning of the year, how I promised myself that I would get a lot done that year. Grade 11 breezed by, and summer came. This summer was probably the laziest one i ever had. I quit my job before the summer, and never got another one. So I spent the summer hanging out with friends mostly. Then school started and now... here we are.

I actually want to make this year the best ever. I am turning eighteen and that is a pretty big step in my view. Some may say it is the beginning of the end. I can .... get into R rated movies.... and .... vote. Okay, so you can do a lot more at 19. But I still think this is going to be a fun year.

It is also the year that we start a completely new path: University/College. The next four years are going to be very different from the last four years. The environemnt, the people, the experiences. They are all going to be incredidably different and I am excited but scared at the same time. I am going to miss high school but I think if we were all hear for one more year, we would get sick of it. I'm not sure if I am ready for the university life... but it is going to be an interesting journey.

Hopefully all goes well fro 2009. I am going to try to do a lot more this year, so that at the end of the year, when I ask myself what I have accomplished, I would actually have something to be proud of!

No comments: