Saturday, October 18, 2008

I kind of forgot to write my blogs for last week so here I go...

So the other day I was taking the train to the mall. For some reason it was really packed, I think because the service was really slow that day because of an accident or something. Anyway I was standing and holding the top bar, and an old man sitting in front of me with a sketch pad and a pencil in his hand. I was not really paying attention to him because I was too busy getting p.oed at the main behind me with the 200 pound backpack who was pushing me. Anyway, I happened to look down at the small man, and noticed he was drawing something. I saw his sketch pad and then noticed he was drawing people on the train!
Then I squinted and saw that he had drawn a very light sketch. It was basically outlines, but I could see my hair, glasses, and what I was wearing... which was a white sweater with black pants. The old man was drawing me! At first I was going to say something, but then I noticed that it was not really detailed of my face, but rather just an outline and he was drawing other people on the train as well! He never caught me looking at him though. He just kept sketching away.
Then my stop was approaching so I was moving towards the door. Then I glanced at him, and as soon as he noticed that I was gone, he flipped the page to the next one and began to draw someone else!

1 comment:

Ms. Cat said...

Did you feel weird? I had a student teacher who had to sketch all her students in order to remember their names but that made them feel really weird.