Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sitcom English

I was reading the newspaper and an article caught my eye. It was basically a picture of a TV set and some students in a university watching it. Then I started reading the article and there is a class at U of T called Sitcom English! This is basically a class which studied sitcoms... and I thought this was the coolest thing ever! They watch sitcoms in class and then analyze them. This is basically the perfect class for me (even though I wouldn't be able to take it because the program is completely different from the one I am going into). Anyway, I though this was so cool because it is one class that you could never get bored in and would always be laughing. And I would actually look forward to going to class! Plus, I probably would have seen most of the sitcoms!

There are a lot of interesting classes out there that people can take. There is no excuse for not going to university or college anymore. There is something for everyone to take. My brother was just telling me the other day, there there is a class called Witchcraft, and they study the myths and history of "Witchcraft". See, there is something for everyone!

5 comments:

Ms. Cat said...

Why didn't they have Witchcraft when I was going! I can't wait to go back to university when I am a senior. Then it's free and I can take all the cool courses I want. You could take that sitcom course if you want. You don't have to be an English major to take English courses and the university likes you take breadth requirements anyway. Cool blog.

Sahil said...

Yeah I read about it somewhere or the other too... they were analyzing Friends ... Sienfeld (or whatever, I can't spell the name), and finally the Simpsons. The article talked about how people from other countries would try to learn the lingo/slang of North America. It was pretty amazing

Fawziya said...

OMJ that is soo cool,I want to take tha because I think I am able to take anythign to get into Teacher's Collage :)...but the witchcraft thing sounds cool too, I'll see...loll

Kamalika said...

Wow ruby interesting blog! I would love to take witchcraft that sounds interesting...I swear I think university life is better if you take the program you like!

STEFFFFFFFF said...

Wow, Ruby, that's really neat. However i tihnk it's gone to far. Hhah now, you can go to college and get a diploma in basket waeving, hahaha, that's rediculous!