Sunday, November 9, 2008

Room - in the afternoon

This room seems a little narrower than I remember it. Its the study... and I am rarely in this room but it is the only room where there is no noise and there are no distractions right now. There are no lights on right now so the sun is housing the light in this room today. The day is foggy and not very pleasant. That is probably why the mood in this lonely room is so bare. It is not lit up and happy. Instead, it is very ... blah. The word does not come to mind but for some reason "blah" fits right in there. Now I know why I do not spend a lot of time here.

The objects in the room are all placed in the perfect positions, as if they have not been touched for years. Though, there is not a single speck of dust on any of the frames, desks, etc. The shadows are very vague, but this is not a bad thing. They add a little bit of an artistic touch. Sort of a gloomy feeling to it. The lack of light in this room gives it a spooky touch,even though it is only 12:51 in the afternoon. Why is it that shadows do so much to an image? I think they are one of the best types of imagery, becuase of the lack of colour, intensity, and description. But you can find out so much from the descriptions of shadows, becuase it allows the mind the wander.

In the distance I can hear my family bantering. But for some reason, being in this room right now, it allows me to disregard all those noises and just focus on this blog. It is almost as if the room has taken away the other "stuff" from the home. I think I will start to come here more often.

No comments: