Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Incident while walking home

Today my friend phoned me up around 7 o clock. She was walking home through an area which I will not mention. All of a sudden I heard a loud BANGGGGG, and it sounded exactly like a gun shot. She heard it too, and we were both freaking out on the phone. Then I proposed the idea that maybe it was something using firecrackers. Then someone comes up out of no where and yells "GUUUUNNN SHHOOOTTT"... so obvoisly we were both scared but it did not seem to be anywhere around her. This was not unusual in this particular area. Still... it was 7 o clock inthe evening... what are people doing with their lives? The chaos was soon followed by police sirens... so hopefully everything goes okay there. Luckily, my friend reached home safely.

She told me about another incident which she witnessed around the same area. She cannot avoid it as this is the fastest route to her house. It was evening time (again.. not late at all) and she witnessed 3 guys beating up a guy in a wheelchair. I think this is so ridiculous that our world has come to this. Our society has become so dependant and used to violence, especially on those who are weak and are unable to defend themselves.

I was telling my mom this story, and she then she told me about how a little old lady probably around 75 years of age was wearing a gold chain.. and a fewguys came up to her with the intentions of robbing it. Knowing this, she told them to take it, but not to harm her. And what do they do? They RIP it off her neck (leaving bruises) and PUSH her down stairs. If she is giving you the necklace with just a request to not hurt her as she is fragile, why cant you just take it and scamper off into the jungle you came out of? I dont understand these types of people... how they got into such a degrading "occupation" such as robbing people and pushing them around. Neighborhood bullies turn into wild hooligans, then make children who turn out the same, and it is like one vicious cycle. Like seriosly, go to university or college or something, make something of yourself, learn a skilled trade and make REAL money. How can you go to bed at night knowing your such a waste of space? I would not be able to live with myself. I hope those people that hurt that little old lady get the lesson they deserve.

Im sorry if this post seemed a little negative... or harsh... but it feels good to get that off my chest :).

3 comments:

Fawziya D said...

Ruby you know you're one of those hoodlums...lol. But seriously AN OLD LADY, a guy in a WHEELCHAIR! What’s wrong with people, I just don`t understand what goes on in their brains, and some people have the audacity to blame their parents, it’s not always their fault it’s theirs.

Steph N said...

Some people nowadays are just so messed up. They seriously need to get a life and stop trying to mess up the lives of innocent people. I agree with you completely about everything you said about these types of people. There are too many of them out there in our world today, and they need serious help. If they live horrible lives, that's not our problem, so what gives them the right to screw up other people's lives?

Ms. Cat said...

I read about this stuff and I get so discouraged! Does anyone have any suggestions about what we can do to help stop this stuff? What needs to happen?