Friday, November 28, 2008

Al St. Louis

The presentation that was watched yesterday (guest speaker... Al St. Louis) was fairly interesting. But im not going to lie, the highlight was when he yelled out "Pull up your pants boy! It aint that big... I know... I have one!" Come on guys I know that was your favourite part too.

The speaker was hilarious. He was a very effective public speaker because of the fact that he used so many expressions, and memorized his poems, and rarely blanked out when reading his poems (.... but on every thing else... ahem...). It was so funny and I was laughing the whole time.

The only thing I would have liked about the presentation would be to hear more poems. He presented two, which is still good, but I would rather have heard the poems instead of his outlook on life and how we should always be learning (which was still good) but hearing more poems would have helped with our calss unit.

3 comments:

Kamalika said...

True, I wanted to hear more poems =( but he was hilarious and yeah i totally agree with the highlight of the assembly !!

Dion said...

Agreed Ruby. I think that, even with the few hiccups he had during the presentation, he did a really great job. That first poem was my favourite though. I wont lie, I thought that he was making it up on the spot for the entire poem

Bessie said...

Yeah I agree. He shoul dhave presented more poems. He got kinda carried away with justtalking to the crowd. But i didnt really find his poems THAT interesting. I was just impressed by the way he presented. like he wanst nervous and he was good at covering up his mistakes.